- Be mindful of the wholesomeness of food.
- Chew food properly. Remember the formula "Drink your food and eat your water."
- Eat only when you feel a real hunger.
- Avoid eating when hurried or harried.
- Do not eat or drink food when it's too hot or too cold.
- Foodstuffs should be close to their natural state as much as possible. For e.g., the same fruits when freshly plucked from the farm will have more vitality and nutrients than those from a cold storage.
- Never forget to offer the food to God prior to eating.
- Dinner should be taken three hours prior to sleep.
- Food should be neither cold or nor hot.
- Chew the food properly as it helps digestion process perfectly.
- Give more priority to sprouted lentils, gram, soyabin, peanuts, etc. should that your body gets proper amount of fibre and nutrients.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
- God and Bliss are both synonymous terms. Every individual of the word desires bliss alone hence he is a servant of bliss. Thus unknowingly he is a servant of Lord Krishna.
- Devotion (Bhakti Yoga) is the only means to attain LORD KRISHNA (Bliss). This devotion is popularly known as Navadha Bhakti (Nine fold devotion).
- Purification of the mind is possible only through devotional discipline whereafter one attains perfect devotion, and realises Lord Krishna.
- It is impossible to acquire godly qualities of truth, non violence etc, without purification of the mind.
- All spiritual discipline is related to the mind alone. Devotion performed only with sense organs is not spiritual discipline.
- Love and hate in the material world have the same result. Detachment implies a state of indifference.
- Perfection implies seeing Lord Krishna in all beings both movable and immovable.
- Human birth is valuable but at the same time momentary. Hence even a moment’s delay in spiritual discipline can bring about a great loss.
- Perceiving faults in others is the surest proof of one’s own faults.
- Spiritual discipline is only possible under the guidance of a true saint.
For the last quarter of a century, Shree Swamiji has been traveling far and wide, awakening hundreds of thousands of seekers. Using perfect logic, and a simple-yet-scientific approach, Swamiji offers new ways of understanding and applying the knowledge of the scriptures in our daily lives.
Whatever happens in the world, the effort should be to keep the mind in God and Guru only. The devotee should feel that God and Guru are sitting right in front of him and that the form he is visualizing is Real and Divine. The devotee should shed tears and long for God to appear.